Friday, June 25, 2010

First Henna Experience

Ok so this is a month late but that's due to me not being the efficacious blogger I use to be :-/ Anywho...I tried my first henna experiement May 29th and it wasn't as bad or messy as I thought it would be. I purchased some Cassia Henna from http://www.butters-n-bars.com/. I learned a lot from the video tutorial they provide on their site as well as my communication with Sharika who is more than willing to help out a henna newbie. My mixture consisted of castor oil, honey, coconut oil, olive oil & hot water. I let it sit while I showered and then applied all over ensuring each strand was covered. I slept with it over night and rinsed the following morning. Once I got everything out, I began my normal weekend wash routine & honestly I must say the end results were fabulous!! My hair was super soft and strong. This weekend is actually my next scheduled henna treatment, hopefully I'll get to squeeze it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment