Monday, October 19, 2009

I've Just Made the Decision...

To go natural! Its been a long time coming but with my constant unhappiness with the state of my hair after each salon visit, the 6-8hrs spent in the salon on the one down day I have out the week & my current inspiration/motivation/support factor who herself made the transition I've finally said enough JUST DO IT & that I did! October 3rd was my last perm hopefully for the rest of my life spent on god's green earth. I was totally shocked at all the information available via the Internet to help one with making this their final decision. I've learned so much over the last 4 days from my gf & the websites she's recommend that its made me ask myself why haven't I done this sooner.

I wanted to start my first natural entry with what my hair looks like today this way a difference can be seen when I post an updated pic three months from now. There will be no BC (Big Chop) here, I'm really not ready for such a big step. If transitioning the long way doesn't work out as planned, then I will either choose a transition style I love or the BC. I'm super excited with this choice and can't wait to see the results. I'm mentally preparing myself for the long road ahead of me but I do know reverting back to relaxers is definitely not an option for me!! I've discussed this change with a few I hold close to me and of course received mixed reviews. Some questioned why would I want to do something like that. My response to them is, why wouldn't I want to embrace my natural beauty. The question we should be asking is why are we altering our natural hair in order to be accepted by those who feel our hair makes us who we are. I'm totally over damaging my hair, mind, body & soul in order to fit in with the status quo. If I'm not accepted for who I am based on how my hair looks, that's their lost not mines. Stay tuned for updates as I'm sure I will have plenty to say through out this transition, lol.



Ciao for now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment